Sidi Kaos Carbon Road Shoe 2017
Sidi Kaos Carbon Road Shoe 2017
Item Details & Specs
The KAOS promises to deliver on all the standard SIDI promises. The Soft
Instep Closure System eliminates the need for the High Instep Extender,
whilst the Millenium 4 Carbon Composite outsole provides more rigidity
than a standard nylon sole.
MILLENIUM 4 CARBON COMPOSITE SOLE
SOFT INSTEP 2
TECNO 3 SYSTEM
SIDI HEEL CUP
REPLACEABLE HEEL PAD
American Vs. European Sizing
- Customers should be fitted wearing the same type of socks they ride in, and any orthotics they typically employ.
- Have customers spend enough time in the shoes for the Lorica® to warm up and conform to their feet (see Lorica® technology entry, p 17).
- Properly center the Soft Instep Closure System® over the instep, and adjust the heel retention device, on those shoes so equipped.
- It's a good idea to try a half size up and down, for comparison. If caught between sizes,it helps to remind customers that feet typically swell while riding.
SIDI SHOE SIZING: STANDARD, MEGA AND NARROW
- Standard-size SIDIs are D width.
- Mega lasts are EE to EEE width*, 4 mm wider across the ball of the foot–with more volume, a high instep and wider heel cup.
- Narrow models are considered B to C width.
*Some cyclists, who may not have exceptionally wide feet but use high-volume orthotics and/or have very high insteps, will be more comfortable in a Mega shoe.
SIDI HALF SIZES
SIDI shoes employ a very conforming "pro fit," for optimized comfort and pedaling efficiency.Full sizes step up 6 mm (.23 inches) in length, which is a big jump. SIDI's commitment to the availability of half sizes, built on lasts 3 mm longer and with proportionate volume, is a tremendous sizing advantage that helps achieve that perfect pro fit.
SIDI builds its women's shoes on an anatomically correct woman-specific last:
- Tapered last mimics a woman's more dramatically tapered foot shape*.
- Proportionately wider forefoot, but with lower volume.
- Narrower heel.
*Women with consistently wide or narrow feet, from the heal to the forefoot, may experience better fit in SIDI Men's Regular or Narrow widths.
HIGH INSTEPS, LOW ARCHES AND SIDI'S SOFT INSTEP CLOSURE SYSTEM®
SIDI's Soft Instep Closure System® provides extra sizing latitude, accommodating high insteps and low arches.
The crank arm-side anchor point of SIDI's Soft Instep Closure System® should be adjusted to center the EVA pad over the instep. Pull the Soft Instep Closure System* slightly away from the shoe to disengage the ratchet teeth on the anchor's underside while repositioning the pad (you may need to firmly tug back and forth, or wiggle it side to side, while pushing firmly). Trim any excess strap extending towards the crank arm side bar of the shoe.
In rare cases, people with larger feet or very high insteps (usually larger than a size-50 Mega) may need the High-Instep Adapter* strap extender.
WHAT SIZE ARE MY CURRENT SIDI SHOES?
Every SIDI shoe (except triathlon models) from 2002 onward is stamped with its size and last type (Mega, Narrow or Women's), usually on the tongue. For example, a size 40.5 Woman's model would be marked "40½ W," the W indicating Women's model (older shoes may use an L, for Ladies). An M indicates Mega, an S (which stands for "slim") indicates Narrow.
Size marking on the sole does not properly identify size, as it only indicates the nearest whole size and does not identify the last used (a sole marked "42," for instance, could be a straight size 42, a 42.5 women's, 42 or 42.5 Mega or Narrow).